Saturday, January 31, 2009

Why 5 Days?

I'll admit it - I don't get a lot of things and if I'd just have more faith, I'd probably not worry about stupid stuff quite so much. But, here's something I really do not understand...

Why is YW's Girl's Camp 5 days long out here in Utah? The few years I went in Wyoming, it was about 2 1/2 days and that was plenty long enough. I mean, it's not like we were out there doing survival training or earning merit badges or anything like that. We had enough time to be in nature with friends and have a few really good, sometimes spiritual, experiences. Then we went home.

But, what do you do for 5 days? And, who has time to take 5 days off and go make sure a bunch of teenagers don't get into trouble, or hurt, or do something stupid? I don't and I can guarantee those leaders that have little kids don't either.

It doesn't make any sense to me. I suppose that I just need to trust that the stake and regional leaders knew what they were doing. I'll work on that...

3 comments:

Becca said...

Ours is 5 days long too, and I think in Idaho it was 5 days long. Luckily the stake is in charge, and wants the leaders to come only 1 day I think. We really haven't talked about Camp. I hope you have fun when you go!

Travis and Cheri said...

During every year that Cheri was the YW Pres and all the time she remembers it was 5 days. Just another reason to take your vacation in the service of others

Amy said...

It's probably just one of the things that they've changed in the 14 years since I've been in YW... K, that makes me sound OLD...