Wednesday, February 4, 2009

When Life's Got You Down...

For whatever reason, today was stressful. I had a 2-hour meeting with my boss and the CEO of the company to go over what we've been doing with email, I came back to 20 different emails about people duplicating efforts the CEO wanting to know why, tons of banners ads had to be placed in the emails and both my team members were out sick or went home sick today and we had 4 emails that had to get ready to go out.

A lot of stuff happening. The first thing - the meeting with the bosses - always stresses me out. I come out of those meetings feeling like an idiot, like I'm not doing everything I should be, or not seeing everything I should be seeing, or not making the right decisions. I try to take the questions and suggestions for what they are - another person's point of view, another person's experience talking, constructive criticisms - but frankly, these 2 individuals intimidate me. I don't get intimidated very often, but these 2 will do it every time. And I HATE IT!

The rest of the stuff is just normal, stupid stuff. It happens, you deal with it, and move on. Unfortunately, I think this situation is one where the CEO is going to make a point and that's too bad cuz it sucks seeing his emails come through asking the questions designed to elicit certain pieces of information.

But, just when things were not looking good, Mike shows up with lunch. He actually brought in a burner and a skillet and made me a cheese quesadilla. How fantastic is that?! He knew I was having a rough day and he just brought this stuff in, went into the breakroom and made me lunch. Then, he came in and sat down with me and we just chatted. It really helped me break through the funk that was wearing me down.

He's definitely a keeper, as my colleague said, he's definitely a keeper.

2 comments:

Travis and Cheri said...

Wow!!! How romantic! Cheri

Becca said...

That is very romantic! I'm sorry that you had a hard day yesterday. I hope that it gets better.