The weekend before Christmas we had a crazy storm that brought in large amounts of snow. Right before Christmas, we got another load of snow dumped on us. Mike had a hard time getting out of our culdesac with his car - he got stuck 4 times just trying to get out of our neighborhood. Yep, 4 times. This storm gave us probably 8 inches of snow.
The last couple of days we ended up with another 12 inches or so. Really light, dry, powdery snow, but still crazy amounts. The ski resorts around the Wasatch Front are loving it because the base is so fantastic right now, but it's a different story down here in town since we aren't seeing the snow plows very often. I don't know that they plowed our neighborhood once around Christmas. We had to get a guy in the ward to do that for us so that we could at least drive around without getting stuck.
Here's a picture of a little kid's picnic table covered in snow. The green thing is the top of the table and that's about 18 inches of snow piled on top of it:
Hopefully all the snow will help with the drought situation that Utah's been in for a while. It was looking like a dry winter, but fingers are crossed that we'll continue to get good amounts of moisture throughout the winter.
2 comments:
You should send some snow my way! We enjoyed it while we were in Idaho. Have fun with it all!
I am a retard...I just found out you had a blog! I love it! You are an amazing woman and friend to me. Thanks for everything you are. I love you and look up to you. I'm here whenever you need me! Love you- Heather
Post a Comment